Street Melody
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

Rah Digga quitte Flipmode !

+4
konscience
Vrkolak
nomalez
Zek
8 participants

Rah Digga quitte Flipmode ! Empty Rah Digga quitte Flipmode !

Message par Zek Ven 16 Mar - 21:40

Rah Digga quitte Flipmode ! 651494_356x237

Newark, New Jersey rapper Rah Digga has officially departed from Busta Rhymes' Flipmode Squad to pursue other business ventures.

The former first lady of Flipmode, Rah Digga first signed with Flipmode a decade ago and has only released one solo album since.

Her debut album, Dirty Harriet, was released in 2000 and was followed by several mixtape appearances, but another album never materialized.

“We’ve been together for damn near a decade and I haven’t had any success you know, coming out with a follow up album and I just felt like it was time to move on and make different decisions,” Rah Digga told AllHipHop.com. “We are at this stage, Flipmode as a crew, everyone’s been pretty much focused on their own endeavors. Busta’s doing his thing on Aftermath. I mean it was already established before he even got down with Aftermath, it wasn’t gonna be a Flipmode movement over there.”

Although Rah Digga’s mixtape appearances were an excellent way of keeping her name alive in the industry, it was no match to having another solo album released.

“I was working on my album at J Records that was supposed to be released in 2003 and then s**t went awry with them, so after that I was just pretty much keeping my buzz going in the mixtape circuit. After awhile, I just got a little tired of that. I felt like I was just giving away rhymes and doing whole albums and not making a dime from it,” Rah Digga said.

During her ten years as a member of the Flipmode Squad, Rah Digga went on to tackle other ventures including acting.

In 2001, Rah Digga appeared in the horror movie Thirteen Ghosts and the MTV musical Carmen: A Hip-Hopera.

Rah Digga has continued to showcase her talents as an actress and later this year she will star in two films that begin filming in April and October.

“I have one [film] going straight to DVD that’s gonna film in April, between April and May,” Rah Digga told AllHipHop.com. “I’m gonna be playing an FBI agent. The premise of the film is it’s kind of like one of those Training Day flicks where you got crooked cops and it revolves around these group of drug dealers in anybody’s hood and in the process of them getting ran down on, an FBI agent accidentally gets killed.”

Rah Digga also cleared up a rumor that she has joined an all female rap group being formed by Remy Ma, Shawnna and Jacki-O.

“Both Remi and Shawnna is my peoples and we all represent the Murda Mami’s [female coalition] together, but that doesn’t have anything to do with me leaving the Flipmode,” Rah Digga told AllHipHop.com. “What I gather from a lot of blogging and stuff that I read [is] people are wondering why I didn’t join the group, being that we all represent Murda Mami’s, but that’s not anything of interest to me. They just my peoples.”

Despite the label drama and her pursuit of acting, Rah Digga has not forgotten about rapping.

During the next few weeks, she will be holding a competition on her website, www.rahdiggamusic.com, to find an artist to appear on her upcoming mixtape.

Rah Digga's next album is titled Sucker Free and will be released exclusively via iTunes this summer.

En gros, Rah Digga quitte Flipmode Squad à cause d'un buzz inexistant pour elle sur ce label. Ça fait 10 ans qu'elle est signée là-bas et elle a toujours pas sorti d'album... Elle a entretenu son "rap name" en apparaissant en featurings et sur mixtapes, mais aucun projet concret... Au corus de ces 10 années, elle est également apparue dans divers films, et compte continuer à alterner les talents de rappeuse et d'actrice. Elle a d'ailleurs d'autres projets cinématographiques à venir.
Elle met fin également à la rumeur qui disait qu'elle irait rejoindre le "female rap band" composé de Remy Ma, Shawnna et Jacki-O, bien qu'elle soit en bons termes avec elles.

L'album de Rah Digga, intitulé "Sucker Free", sortira exclusivement sur iTunes cet été.
Zek
Zek
@ZeakyZek

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Rah Digga quitte Flipmode ! Empty Re: Rah Digga quitte Flipmode !

Message par nomalez Ven 16 Mar - 22:17

Elle est sucrée Rah Digga!
nomalez
nomalez
Label Street Melody certifié

http://www.myspace.com/Nomalez

Message par Vrkolak Ven 16 Mar - 22:52

sucka free, mdr, ça c'est du nom, les vrais savent, west got the best smoke
Vrkolak
Vrkolak
Bagabont

Message par konscience Ven 16 Mar - 22:55

rah digga cartonne

konscience
Immortel

Message par Titou Ven 16 Mar - 23:04

konscience a écrit:rah digga cartonne
Le feat Busta "Together" est une bombe quand même
Titou
Titou
Club des Lovers

Message par Krak Ven 16 Mar - 23:22

elle a raison de partir
Krak
Krak
Hellhound

Message par coray4 Lun 19 Mar - 7:24

DIrty Harriet c'était pas un vrai album ? Neutral Bin pour une mixtape il était plus que bien travailler. Shocked

Bref dommage elle claque bien en plus. C'est vrai que le flipmod est inexistant depuis bien longtemps.

coray4

Message par Tayz Lun 19 Mar - 13:04

Flipmode Squad c'est vraiment dans l'ombre de Busta Laughing
elle oré du partir bien avant
Tayz
Tayz
Home Cookin'

http://TayzProductions.com

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé