Street Melody
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Réassort du coffret Pokémon 151 Électhor-ex : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

[Clip] Hasan Salaam ft. Immortal Technique & Hezekiah - JERICHO

[Clip] Hasan Salaam ft. Immortal Technique & Hezekiah - JERICHO  Empty [Clip] Hasan Salaam ft. Immortal Technique & Hezekiah - JERICHO

Message par Makiavelic Mer 8 Oct - 20:42

voilà ce qu'Immortal Technique a posté sur son facebook, en rapport avec la vidéo:
When I first met Hasan Salaam it was in a dark room and all I heard was his angry raspy voice say "what up" I always thought he was from Newark, but apparently he's from Camden. (Inside Joke) I've seen this brother progress from selling his own CD's out the box to touring all over Europe and Africa on his own. The new album is called "Life in Black and White" !!! October 28th on Viper Records.

This album was a very personal look into the mind of a person who struggled to find their identity and reclaim their culture. A person who could be anyone reading this who's rights were violated. From the trappings of drug addiction to the trapping of a twisted and corrupt justice system, there is no stone left unturned in Hasan's life. His faults, his virtues are all put on the table. I love the record and this is the first single off of it. I would encourage you to tell us your own stories about confronting injustice. Share them with others, just please refrain from any personal attacks.

Some backstory. I don't lie. At first when I heard this beat I almost skipped right over it, but after hearing his verse and the concept of the walls we put up in our lives I thought the timing of this song was incredibly important. From the Wall in Berlin to the walls on our own border, these are visible walls. How many exist that we aren't even conscious of. The steady calm kick began to play over and over in my mind until I just began to let the words go. It was a good break from The Middle Passage and the book.

I then saw Hasan and his team construct a very powerful set of visuals for this track. Everything came together for the day we shot this. NYC, NJ, Philly united for a strong statement, to show people all over the world, The Americas, Europe, Africa, The Middle East & Asia from every island, to every archipelago, that all of these cruelly constructed walls that have been put up by a broken society are crumbling. I have always appreciated your support, not just for my music but for that of my friends and comrades. Rebel Arms!!!

Peace & Respect,

Immortal Technique

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55jW2Slij4Q

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/videos/id.17781/title.hasan-salaam-f-immortal-technique-hezekiah-jericho-

"Life in Black & White" by Hasan Salaam coming October 28th on I-Tunes Please repost.
Makiavelic
Makiavelic

Revenir en haut Aller en bas