Street Melody
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -28%
Précommande : Smartphone Google Pixel 8a 5G ...
Voir le deal
389 €

[Réactions] Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury

2 participants

[Réactions] Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury Empty [Réactions] Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury

Message par Hiruma Jeu 16 Nov - 1:55

[Réactions] Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury ClipseHellHathNoFury

Code:
01. We Got It 4 Cheap (Feat.        4:39
    Spanish Lee)
02. Momma I'm Sorry                  3:59
03. Mr. Me Too (Feat. Pharrell)      3:43
04. Wamp Wamp (Feat. Slim Thug)      4:02
05. Ride Around Shining (Feat.      3:58
    Ab-Liva)
06. Dirty Money                      3:48
07. New World (Feat. Pharrell)      4:14
08. Keys Open Doors                  3:21
09. Ain't Cha (Feat. Re-Up Gang)    4:43
10. Trill                            4:45
11. Chinese New Year (Feat. Roscoe  3:56
    P. Coldchain & Pharrell)
12. Nightmares (Feat. Bilal)        4:50

Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury (Re-Up/ZLG)

From Rodney Dugue
Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury (Preview)
Guide Rating - rating

On Hell Hath No Fury, the Clipse serve up a percolating, lilting plate of fantasy, brutal reality, and remorse that’s sure to give you a good taste of the fury behind the Clipse. The album is brisk but bold and affords little margin for error with 12 full tracks that witness the Clipse being remorseful ("Momma I’m so sorry"), wistful ("Ride Around Shinin’") and "Trill."
Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury (Preview)

1.)"We Got it 4 Cheap" (feat Spanish Lee): The first track from the album features a wobbling beat complete with high-clap synth and a deep bass organ that promises to be a frenzied ride to traditional boom-bap rap. The unknown artist, someone they met while in Virginia, holds his own, but the real (and only) stars of this track are the Clipse spitting rhymes like, n***** don’t get the picture /They readin’ scriptures.[/p]

2.)"Momma, I’m So Sorry": is not at all forgiving of its electric, creeping accordion. Pusha T described the song as "an ode to ignorance," which accurately explains lines like "I philosophize about glocks and keys /N****s call me young black Socrates." The song sounds like a better remake of "Cot Damn" which is indeed a treat for listeners. This track definitely bumps. It falls short of an apology and that’s about it.

3.)"Mr. Me Too" feat (Pharrel) (Listen) This track was skipped over with little fanfare, the crowd seemingly in accordance with the omission.

4.)"What It Do (Wamp Wamp)" (feat Slim Thug) (Listen): received the same treatment. The Clipse had no qualms skipping over the singles because "y’all heard this one already."

5.)"Ride Around Shinin'": Features a dazzling, shimmering crescendo that begs for nostalgia. Another solid track that does not disappoint with lines like "Black Martha Stewart /Let me show you how to do it." This swirling rendition practically arches with the Clipse riding this beat through a rollercoaster.

6.)"Dirty Money": will be the next single (lucky number 3). This is the closest thing to a chic song, and it still bumps. This single actually caused a rift between the label and the group, as Jive wanted this single to be the second single.

7.)"New World": This one has Pharrel on the chorus and is a righteous record that touches on the Clipse living and accepting the conditions of their newfound fame. The soft-hitting cowbells give this track a somber feel, with the brothers lamenting their neighbors’ jealousy, "They think I’m cuter in jail, but the only time I’m boxed in /is when the roof’s on the SL." Pharrel’s presence on the chorus is negligible, at best.

8.)"Keys Open Doors": An obvious double-entendre that bites and menaces the ears. Malice shines on this track exhibiting a fascination with his brooding humor: "Word on the street is you gonna love how it melt /And I don’t come with a pitch, the sh** sells itself." The track is cold and dark, yet fun and enjoyable.

9.)"Ain’t Cha" (feat the Re-Up Gang): Described by Pusha T as an "up-tempo groove" that oddly enough sounds a bit like "Wamp Wamp." This track could be better, but it’s not a complete let-down.

10.)"Trill": Recorded in Miami and it shows (club record, anyone?). The beat splashes and moves laterally. This is definitely a banger. The equivalent of the Clipse’s rendition of Terror Squad's "Lean Back."

11.)"Chinese New Year" (feat Rosco P. Coldchain): Begins with screaming firecrackers--an indication of how explosive this track is.

12.)"Nightmares" (feat Bilal): This is easily the most up-beat sounding record on the album. Church organs leak throughout, making it a nice, mellow song. It’s only apt that the Clipse close the album on a positive note

Vos avis sont les bienvenus !
Hiruma
Hiruma
Extraterrestre SDF

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

[Réactions] Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury Empty Re: [Réactions] Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury

Message par Hiruma Jeu 16 Nov - 2:06

Le magazine XXL a foutu un XXL à l'album. Bon c'est vrai que niveau crédibilité c'est pas le top mais pas la peine de voir le mal tout partout.

Clip vidéo "Wamp Wamp"

Pour info, il y a eu quelques différents avec Foxy Brown et Clipse concernant ce beat qui devait etre d'abord destiné à Foxy mais suite à son problème d'oreille et vu le temps qu'il s'est écoulé, ce sont les deux frères qui ont empoché le beat.
Hiruma
Hiruma
Extraterrestre SDF

[Réactions] Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury Empty Re: [Réactions] Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury

Message par Sine Jeu 16 Nov - 21:03

Album que j'attendais depuis un moment, et comme je le prévoyait c'est une bonne suite à Lord Willin'. Mais j'avoue que je m'attendais à un tout petit peu mieux. La faute à un album trop court (12 sons dont 4 sons que je connaissais déjà) et à des prods trop peu variés et parfois fades.
Sinon Pusha T et Malice restent au niveau et ça, ça fait plaisir, surtout que les prods ne les aident pas toujours (comme sur Trill par exemple).
"Chinese New Year" (ma préférée pour l'instant), "We got it for cheap", "Wamp Wamp", "Dirty Money", "Momma I'm Sorry" et "New World" sont les sons que j'ai retenu. Les autres sont pas mauvaises juste un ton en dessous. Le bon point de l'album c'est qu'il n'y a pas vraiment de sons à jeter, mais après ça dépend des goûts.
Après d'autres écoutes je pense que j'apprécierais plus.
Sine
Sine
Incontournable

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé